I can’t believe that I went to my very first Comic Con last week! It was a very fun but tiring experience but I can’t wait to go back next year.
To be completely honest, I was not even prepared for it. We woke up at 3/4am so that we could make it to our volunteer hours. That’s how we were able to attend. We volunteered for a few hours each day and were free to explore the convention the rest of the day. Once we were let in to the event, the crowds and the lines were crazy. I knew that there would be a ton of people but I didn’t know it would be this huge. People that were dressed up made me jealous that I didn’t have enough time to think of a costume for my boyfriend and I.
If you are planning on going to Comic con next year or any of the popular conventions, here are some tips from my experience:
- Wear really comfortable shoes. You will be waiting in alot of lines for a long period of time to buy merchandise, comics, pins, etc. The more comfortable your shoes, the happier your feet will be for the rest of the convention
- Bring a jacket. Especially if you plan on camping out of staying until dark. If you aren’t in the actual convention, the AC is cranked up pretty high and I found myself wearing my flannel/jean jacket the whole time that I was there.
- Don’t be afraid to ask people what they are waiting in line for! On the first day, we were just roaming around and when we wanted to go into certain lines we weren’t sure what they were for or the line was already capped.
- Also, don’t be scared to ask people who are dressed up if you can take a picture with them. It’s completely common and most of the time they will. Just don’t touch them or chase after them. There’s a no touch/no running rule at the convention.
- BE PREPARED TO SPEND MONEY! There is a lot of goodies there! I thought that I saved enough for our trip because I wouldn’t buy alot but I found a lot of stuff that I wanted and bunch of what I got was exclusive to Comic Con, making it more expensive. Plan your spending accordingly.
Watch my vlog of my trip!